From Lake Wanaka New Zealand, Mons Royale creates technical merino clothing that delivers on both performance and style. It has been our philosophy from the start, we don’t think you should have to compromise which is why we design garments that perform brilliantly, look great and are sustainable minded.
With our head office located in the Southern Alps of New Zealand, an office in Innsbruck, Austria, plus a satellite office in Vancouver, Canada, we’re sticking to our values of driving a local brand from mountain towns around the world enabling us to attract some amazing employees and build a business around what we are really about; inspiring a life of action and adventure.
As an Apparel Designer you will be responsible for designing comprehensive product collections in line with Mons Royale’s seasonal product strategy, values and evolving consumer needs. You will collaborate with our Creative Director, Product Director and Product team to develop each style and bring the full collection to market.
- Research, document and present evolving user needs, materials/construction advancements and design inspiration.
- Execute assigned product collections with-in seasonal time lines.
- Create detailed product initiations for the development team, including style images, construction details, fabric and trim specifications, pattern and fit guidance.
- Collaborate with product development and vendors to resolve material, fit and construction issues to ensure that each product is fully commercialized.
- Maintain up to date product illustrations throughout the season.
- Collaborate with Creative Director on the development of seasonal colour palette and range colour mapping.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and tracking a clear and efficient work flow through each development stage.
- Present product collections at internal stage gates and external events.
- Degree in Apparel or Industrial Design
- 5+ years of design experience in the apparel industry
- Knowledgeable of technical/performance garment construction, fit, textiles and factory production methods
- Advanced ability with Adobe Suite (Illustrator) software
- Excellent sense of style, colour and fashion trends
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Creative approach to producing new ideas, concepts, and problem solving
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Open to possibility and personal development
- Passion and involvement in activities we make our products for.
- Based in the beautiful town of Wanaka, New Zealand
- Seasonal Product allowance access to industry pricing with Mons partners
- Join a team of passionate adventurers in a growing global company